The Business Challenge Solved by The Kalicube Process
The company, an online postal service, experienced massive website traffic and revenue growth in 2018. In 2019, the growth started falling off a cliff and the drop continued into 2020. The CEO approached Kalicube in 2021 with a 37% decline in traffic year on year (2020 – 2021).
The postal service is 100% online, and the digital strategy was focussed on Google Search / SEO. Every percentage point lost in traffic resulted in an equivalent loss of revenue.
The Kalicube Process stopped the decline in traffic revenue and established a long-term digital strategy that would sustain the business for the long term – turning a -37% drop in traffic into a +32% increase in website traffic in just two years.
How we Implemented The Kalicube Process
Kalicube needed to be agile and flexible with The Kalicube Process and focus on SEO whilst building in a safety net with a wider digital strategy. The significant strategies Kalicube implemented are listed below.
- Clarified the company’s core offer and restructured the website for discoverability navigation, user-friendliness, content, and EEAT credibility signals. Google was confused about the business, and once Google was confident about the business, website traffic stabilized.
- Created an extensive FAQ library providing simple answers to common questions about the company, its services, and area of expertise. FAQs gave the company visibility on the SERP, helped educate Google and vastly improved topical authority.
- Triggered a rich, stable Knowledge Panel for the company after establishing it as an entity in Google’s Knowledge Graph – an unequivocal signal that Google knows, likes, and trusts the brand.
- Launched an organic video campaign focusing on FAQ and common pain points the business solved.
- Built an ongoing content strategy on second and third-party websites: Social media, YouTube, reviews platform, and a public relations strategy producing multiple mentions and articles.
- The website traffic increased because Google was confident about the business and was able to corroborate facts about the business through second and third-party sources.
» 32% increase in website traffic from Google
» 29% increase in SERP visibility
» Increase in revenue
» Increase in brand awareness
» Rich Brand SERP, Knowledge Panel, and Generative AI results
» An internal marketing team trained to autonomously manage and implement its entire strategy, with just one quarterly coaching session with Kalicube.
The Kalicube Process gave the company a clear path to save the company.
Initially, the search engines and their customers were confused about the business and their services. Focusing on clarifying the brand message, fixing the website, and creating an omnichannel content strategy allowed the company to stop the decline in traffic and create a consistent, revenue-generating digital marketing strategy that flipped a -37% drop in traffic into a +32% increase in website traffic in just two years.
Bonus: The CEO was delighted to see The Kalicube Process reward the business with Generative AI recommendations in Bing Chat and Google’s Search Generative Experience right out of the box.
How to Implement the Kalicube Process?
To implement the Kalicube Process, choose one of the three options below.
1. Do it yourself. Access our free learning resources, join the Kalicube Academy, or read “The Fundamentals of Brand SERPs for Business” book for everything you need to optimize your brand for your audience and the search engines.
2. Book a Done With You Service. The team at Kalicube Pro works with you as a Fractional CMO to implement the Kalicube Process for your business. Kalicube works within your existing resources and priorities and saves you valuable time.
3. For Agencies. Enhance your offerings and stay relevant in the AI world by subscribing to our cloud-based AI-powered Kalicube Pro SaaS solution. Your agency can offer effective and profitable comprehensive brand digital marketing services with SEO baked in. Download the “Get 6 Easy-To-Sell Services and Lucrative Margins with Kalicube Pro”.
Do you have a question? Please contact us at [email protected]