Ben Gabler talks with Jason Barnard about CDNs
Ben Gabler is the Founder & CEO at Rocket.net and has 17 years of experience in the industry, having worked with companies like HostNine and HostGator.
He joined Jason Barnard to speak about the advantages of opting for a CDN as part of your web hosting solution.
Turns out, the UX improvement and optimizations a CDN provides really does justify the cost and the advantages it brings to your business, your clients and Google makes it a no-brainer.
After this episode, you’ll have a much better understanding of how your website delivery platform influences its speed, security, and UX.
In partnership with Wordlift
What you’ll learn from Ben Gabler
- 00:00 Ben Gabler with Jason Barnard
- 00:50 Ben Gabler’s Brand SERP
- 01:50 Argument number one on why you might want to opt for a CDN
- 06:38 Argument number two on why you might want to opt for a CDN
- 07:21 Cloudflare as a website / content delivery platform
- 09:34 How much does a DNS speed matter for UX?
- 12:42 What’s the process from the moment your browser requests a webpage and the moment you get the content?
- 16:30 How does a CDN deal with content update?
- 19:09 Besides speed and cost, what other benefits does a CDN bring?
- 21:23 Chatbots on websites – good or bad idea?
- 24:22 The importance of speed in Google’s Core Web Vitals
- 26:33 Is HTTP/2 now universal?
- 27:22 How Google “judges” your website
- 29:10 The balance between pleasing Google and satisfying your customers