Tim Schmoyer with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
Tim Schmoyer talks to Jason Barnard about growth strategies for YouTube.
For all new creators reaching a goal such as 100,000 subscribers is the driving force behind their videos. However, in this podcast Tim goes onto discuss why asking for people to subscribe in every video might not be the route to success. YouTube’s algorithm plays an important role in whether your content will be recommended on the homepage or left alone to be found using the search bar. With 300 hours of video being uploaded to YouTube every minute it is becoming increasingly important to use YouTube analytics and the information as heard in this podcast to reach your intended audience.
Tim’s channel ‘Video Creators’ offers insight for all small and prospective creators into what will help grow their channel. Using examples from his own experience as a YouTube guru he also goes onto explain how important different calls to action are and how to optimise your end screens can offer (and I went and did what he suggests…. and it works !)
What you’ll learn
- 00:14 Introducing Tim Schmoyer
- 00:50 Tim’s Knowledge Panel and why he should claim it
- 02:15 Who does the Knowledge Graph associated with Tim?
- 04:30 What does the Video Creators channel aim to do?
- 05:30 Video Creators target audience
- 06:40 What is a ‘good’ percentage of active subscribers
- 08:32 How your call to action defines whether a video is successful
- 11:00 Keeping subscribers engaged
- 14:13 Is the goal always to get subscribers?
- 15:30 A quick explanation of YouTube’s algorithm
- 17:40 How do you assess how satisfied a YouTube user is?
- 19:10 Personalised experience on YouTube
- 20:19 How to gain subscribers without asking for people to subscribe?
- 22:03 Click-through rate (CTR) onto another video
- 23:09 Adding an end screen call to action for a video that is not made yet
- 24:05 How useful are end screens on your channel?
- 26:00 The trick of linking out on YouTube
- 28:05 How the algorithm deals with internal linking
- 29:44 An example of how Video Creators helped a channel have explosive growth
- 32:20 What you can learn from digging into YouTube analytics
- 33:18 How to plug something in the middle of the video without losing viewers?
- 34:15 What are ‘lean back’ and ‘lean in’ viewing experiences?
Receive a reminder by email
Join the newsletter and we’ll send you a reminder right before the livestream starts (you can unsubscribe in one click at any time).